Was bored at home Saturday evening and this is what I tried making. (Since I couldn’t find anything similar on the net
I liked it, coz it was kinda of a typical evening snack and filling too.
Potatoes : 3 Large, Boiled and mashed
Green Peas: ½ cup, par Boiled & Mashed
Green Chilly paste : Made of 3 chillies
Garlic Paste : ½ tbsp
Onion : 1 medium, Chopped
Jeera Powder ( Roasted) : ¼ tsp
Kitchen King masala : ½ tsp
Garam Masala : ¼ tsp
Amchoor Powder : ¼ tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for shallow frying
For the filling :
Cheese: ½ cup, Grated ( I used Pizza cheese)
Chilly Flakes : ¼ tsp
Black pepper powder ; ½ tsp
1. In a large bowl, mix together Potatoes, Peas, Onion, the chilli and the garlic paste.
2. Once mixed, add all the dry ingredients – Jeera powder, amchoor , Kitchen king and garam masala powder. Keep it aside.
3. In another bowl, mix together Cheese, chilly flakes and pepper powder. Doesn’t need salt, as the cheese is quite salty.
4. For the cutlet mixture, add salt mix again. Doesn’t matter if it is not smooth dough.
5. Take this cutlet mixture, enough for one. Flatten on your palm. Take a small portion of the cheese filling, (marble size) place in the middle of the cutlet mixture and cover.
6. Once rolled, flatten like a cutlet, roll over bread crumbs.
7. Heat a pan, with 2 tbsp of oil.
8. Place the cutlet and shallow fry till golden brown.
9. Serve hot , cut into 2 ( so that you can see the melted cheese), with tomato sauce or pudina chutney.
10. Enjoy !