Time for one more Experiment…
Presently there are two things with which I am experimenting.
Need to still learn how to blog posting pictures.
This is a cooking experiment though. Sadly since I dunno how to put pics, the dish is without any picture.
Since I am a working professional, I need recipes that can be made as quickly as possible with least effort. :) Don’t we all wish so….
This would be a nice starter / accompaniment with the main dish ( read rice and rasam / sambar)
Crispy Fried Potatoes:
1. Parboiled Potatoes – 4, large – Cut the same way as for Finger Chips
2. Ginger Garlic paste – 1 tbsp
3. Amchoor Powder – ½ tsp
4. Black Pepper Powder – ½ tsp
5. Red Chilli powder – ½ tsp
6. Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
7. Oregano – ¼ tsp
8. Juice of ½ lemon
9. Paste of 1 green chilly
10. Salt to taste
11. Corn flour : as required
12. Oil for Frying
1. Mix all the ingredients, 2 to 10 into a thick paste.
2. In a large plate, spread the parboiled potatoes, put this paste and marinate the potatoes.
3. Let this rest for atleast 1 hr ( if you need it quick , put it in the freezer for 30 mins)
4. Heat oil in a frying pan.
5. Spread corn flour in a plate, dip each potato finger in this and then fry as a batch.
6. Fry the potatoes till golden brown.
7. Drain excess oil on a kitchen towel.
Serves : 4 people.
Enjoy and let me know the result!